This is a great go-to recipe when you don’t have a lot of time and want something yummy for dinner. I generally have all of the ingredients in the house and I’ll be you do too. I served it this week with parmesan risotto and my favorite roasted broccoli. Left overs are good in a salad the next day.
1. Salt and pepper chicken and set aside.
2. Grind walnuts in a coffee grinder or small food processor until fine (but not to a powder). You can also just chop them.
3. Mix ground walnuts, bread crumbs and parmesan in a shallow bowl. Place egg whites in a second shallow bowl.
4. Using tongs, dip chicken breasts first in egg whites and then in the crumb mixture. Place on a plate until all are done.
5. Heat nonstick skillet with the olive oil. Place two to three coated breasts in the pan over medium-high heat. Cook for about three minutes on each side or until done. Make sure you don’t overcrowd the pan.